Make these super-cute Flower Pot cupcakes for Mother's Day!
Prep Time: 20 min. Bake Time: 25 min. Makes 1 dozenIngredients:
12 Baked Cupcakes, any flavor
Chocolate Buttercream Icing
24 Pieces - Strawberry Fruit by the Foot
12 Large Green Gumdrops
24 Large Assorted Color Gumdrops
24 Assorted Color Sugar Pearls
Rolling Pin (Optional)
Mini Flower Cutter
Small Offset Spatula
4.5" Lollipop Sticks (24 sticks)
Small bowl of water
1. Prepare cake batter according to recipe or package directions for cupcakes.
2. Grease and flour your cupcake pans. Fill each cupcake cavity two-thirds full. Bake at 325° for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Remove cupcakes immediately from the pan and place on a wire rack to cool. Leaving them in the pan will cause them to shrink.
3. To create the pot, wrap a fruit strip around one cupcake and cut it so that one end of the strip will overlap the other. Cut another fruit strip the same length.
4. Wrap a cut fruit strip around the base of a cupcake. With a small brush, lightly brush water on one end and press the other end on top of it until they stick together.
5. Lightly brush water across the length of the 2nd fruit strip. Fold in half lengthwise and press until the sides stick together and the strip is half the width of the 1st
6. Wrap the folded fruit strip around the top of the cupcake. With a small brush, lightly brush water on one end and press the other end on top of it until they stick together.
7. One cupcake pot is now complete. Repeat steps 4-6 for remaining cupcakes.
8. Using an off-set spatula, frost each cupcake with chocolate icing and cover with black sprinkles. Set the cupcakes aside.
9. Using a rolling pin or your hands, press each green gumdrop into a 2 inch circle. Use scissors to cut each gumdrop into four leaf shapes; set aside.
10. Press each of the remaining gumdrops into 2 inch circles. Use a mini flower cutter to cut the gumdrops into flowers. Press a sugar pearl in the center of each flower. Note: If the cutter get sticky, dip it in some granulated sugar
11. Gently insert a lollipop stick into each flower-shaped gumdrop
12. Attach the leaves to the stick underneath the flower. Because the edges are sticky, the leaves should attach easily by pressing them onto the lollipop sticks
13. Insert two flowers into each cupcake
Voila! You have an edible flower garden.