Celebakes Meringue Powder - 8oz
Sale Sold Out
Regular Price $13.85
Regular PriceUnit Price Per
77 Items In Stock.
- Celebakes Meringue Powder, 8oz
- Celebakes Meringue Powder is great for making your own royal icing, stabilizing buttercream icing or creating fluffy meringue cookies. Meringue powder can also be used as an egg white substitute in a variety of baking and decorating recipes!
- Royal Icing (Dry Hard Icing): Into ½ cup cold water, beat ¼ cup meringue powder until firm peaks form. Scrape the sides of the bowl and completely mix the water and meringue before slowly adding the powdered sugar. Gradually add 4 cups sifted confectioners sugar until desired consistency. Add more powdered sugar for stiffer icing. To keep icing soft, add 3 drops glycerin. A stand mixer provides the best results.
- Buttercream Icing (Creamy Soft Icing): Dissolve ¾ cup of granular sugar in ½ cup boiling water. Cool and add ¼ cup of meringue powder and beat to peak. Stir in 1 pound sifted confectioner’s sugar and beat until mixed well: Mix in 2 to 2½ cups white vegetable shortening.
- Boiled Icing: Dissolve and boil at high heat (240º), 2 cups granular sugar in ¾ cups water, ¼ cup corn syrup and small pinch salt. Dissolve and whip ⅜ cup (6 TBLS) meringue powder in one cup cold water: add 1 cup granular sugar while beating meringue mix: slowly add boiled syrup. Then whip at high speed until cool.
- Meringue Cookies: Dissolve ¾ cup granular sugar in ½ cup boiling water, cool. Add ¼ cup meringue powder and beat into high peaks, fold in a teaspoon of vanilla after the meringue is at a stiff peak stage. Place in large decorating bag. Pipe onto parchment lined baking sheets. Bake 40-45 minutes at 250 degrees until set and lightly browned. Store in cool, dry place in an airtight container for 4-5 days.
- Meringue Topping (For Meringue Shells, Pie Toppings): Dissolve ¾ cup granular sugar in ½ cup boiling water, cool. Add ¼ cup meringue powder and beat into high peaks.
- Hints: Keep utensils grease free. Icings may be refrigerated in airtight containers, beat again before using. Cover bowl and tube ends with damp cloth. Try meringue powder in cookies, drinks, desserts and other recipes where a light frothy consistency is desired. Flavor and color to suit.
- Certified Kosher
- Note: This product is prepared and packaged using machines that may come into contact with wheat/gluten, eggs, dairy or dairy products, soy, tree nuts.
- Due to food safety and quality concerns, there are no refunds or exchanges on this item