- Lorann Oils Lecithin, 4 oz.
- Liquid lecithin is an oil-like extract from soybeans used to preserve, emulsify and moisturize foods.
- Many candy makers look for lecithin as an emulsifier (make water and oil combine) in real chocolates, caramel and taffy.
- Lecithin can be used to thin chocolate. It is more cost effective than cocoa butter and less is needed for similar results. Usage recommendation is 0.25 - 0.50% lecithin per total batch. Too much lecithin can have the reverse effect and cause chocolate to thicken. Can also be used to control sugar crystallization.
- Lecithin is often used in bread making as a dough conditioner and mild preservative. Usage recommendation is 2 to 3 teaspoons for every 3 cups of flour.
- Combined with vegetable oils, lecithin can be used instead of high-calorie oils for greasing pans and sauteing food.
- Kosher certified
- Due to food safety and quality concerns, there are no refunds or exchanges on this item